Simulation and Control
TRI's Simulation and Control team is developing software tools to model robot dynamics and sensors, and applying those tools to cutting-edge research in autonomous driving and indoor mobility. We are looking for great software engineers who are passionate about deploying robotics and artificial intelligence to improve the lives of millions. No prior robotics experience is required.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and research scientists to develop and maintain a physically-accurate, reliable, and fast open-source simulation and control toolkit.
- Scope and design new features to meet the needs of clients inside and outside of TRI.
- Distill physical and mathematical phenomena into the clearest possible software model.
- Live and breathe the software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player.
- Strong C++ software development skills.
- Strong understanding of common software performance issues and tradeoffs.
- Strong understanding of distributed and parallel computing.
- Familiarity with automated testing practices.
- Basic knowledge of linear algebra and differential equations.
- Cambridge, MA
- Palo Alto, CA
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.