TOYOTA CITY, Japan, Feb. 9, 2018— Created in honor of Toyota’s shift to a mobility company and its eight-year worldwide partnership with The International Olympic and Paralympic Committees, “Start Your Impossible,” Toyota’s first-ever global marketing campaign, has rolled out in 27 countries for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018.
“Start Your Impossible” shares Toyota’s evolution by highlighting real-life mobility stories of Olympic and Paralympic athletes as well as everyday athletes who demonstrate the values of humility, hard work and never giving up. The campaign marks Toyota’s long-term commitment to support the creation of a more inclusive and sustainable society in which everyone can challenge their impossible through stories of determination as well as through Toyota technologies. The two creative pillars of the multi-platform global campaign include, “inspiration,” which celebrates the human spirit and product “evidence,” showcasing Toyota’s ideas for innovations that can help people move freely. “Start Your Impossible” commercials include:
- “Frozen”: Showcasing iconic moments in Olympic and Paralympic history, “Frozen” aims to further spark the conversation on global warming and the imminent impact that it may have on the beauty, hope and heroes of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
- “Thin Ice”: The human spirit is powerful and irrepressible. Where obstacles appear, exceptional people are ready to face the hurdles. American Olympic figure skater and medalist, Ashley Wagner returns to the ice with the idea that every day is a chance to dance, to move and to float across the ice.
- “Lanes of Life”: an optimistic celebration of life’s journey for six Olympic snowboarders: Eva Samková (Czech Republic), Lindsey Jacobellis, (USA), Belle Brockhoff (Australia), Chloé Trespeuch (France), Carle Brenneman (Canada), and Isabel Clark Ribeiro (Brazil).
- “Dreams”: The smallest mistake could change an athlete's dream, so could a small mistake on the road. “Dreams” showcases Toyota’s Guardian technology to coach you on the road.
- “Magic”: Toyota’s Human Support Robot helps a bedridden young boy.
- “Runner”: A man outruns pain, fear and doubt to take the most difficult step of his life.
- “Join the Team”: Dedicated to pure celebration of going after what we strive for, an ordinary boy has his moment as an Olympian realizing that with persistence he can soar.