The TRI System Engineering Group is hiring Software Engineers.
TRI's mission is simple: make Toyota cars safer, more accessible and more fun to drive.
In the US, car accidents cause over 30,000 fatalities every year. However, even that large number means the rate is only one fatality for every 90 million miles people drive. For intelligent cars to save lives on the road, they have to do better than human drivers, which means the systems in those cars comprise the most robust and reliable software components ever implemented.
In the TRI SEG, our mission is to develop high-reliability software for truly intelligent cars. This will be complex software that can run for tens of thousands of hours without glitching, helping bring safety innovations to market sooner. Our work is the foundation for a range of enhancements, from smarter cruise control to fully autonomous vehicles. If the idea of making software that can operate for several hundred million miles without error sounds like an exciting challenge, we want to talk to you.
- Software engineer candidates should have:
- C or C++ development experience - at least one major academic or professional project
- Senior software engineer candidates should have:
- At least 5 years' professional experience
- At least 3 years' professional experience developing in C++ specifically
- All candidates should have:
- Experience developing software on Linux
- Working familiarity with Python
- No robotics experience is required but a good math background helps!
In addition to your ability to contribute to a collaborative, open, and fun working environment, you should have:
- A BS in Computer Science or related field (MS or PhD is better);
- 2-5+ years of relevant industry experience;
- Experience with database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure like, SQL, NoSQL, and MapReduce;
- Hands-on experience in core components of the Hadoop stack -- HDFS, Hive, YARN, Impala, Spark;
- Experience building applications on leading cloud computing platforms: AWS (Elastic MapReduce, CloudFormation, CloudFront, S3), Microsoft Azure or Google Compute Platform;
- Strong understanding of algorithms in distributed systems, object-oriented design, and scripting using Java, Python, C++, and/or Scala;
- Good troubleshooting skills and willingness to help the field and customer support teams, as needed;
- Ability to juggle priorities, make the right tradeoffs, deliver timely features while ensuring team success, and technology leadership for the company;
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills;
- Team player who wants to change the way people use their data and have a huge impact on a growing team working on groundbreaking technologies;
- Cambridge, MA
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.